Why Has Home Automation Becomes So Popular?
Do you know that the global sales of smart home devices will hit $88 billion by 2025? This number simply shows just how popular home automation is becoming recently, even though it has been around for years.
But what exactly are the benefits of home automation that have made it so popular?
This guide will cover the basics of this interesting tech, the features of home automation, and how to set it up for yourself.
What Is a Smart Home Automation System
A smart home automation system is a system that uses internet connectivity and computerized hardware and software to control the electrical and electronic systems in a house.
These systems can be used to control automated lights, appliances, heating and air conditioning, locks, security, and alarms. They also can monitor the performance of devices and make it easier to manage energy consumption.
How Home Automation Works
To understand how this tech works, it is necessary to first understand the concept of the Internet of Things (IoT).
The IoT is a network of things, connected. In a nutshell, IoT allows devices in your house to talk to each other using the internet.
You can use your IoT router, and a smartphone app to control the lights, locks, curtains, smart thermostats, and other smart devices.
There are just so many types of home products that can be automated to make your life a lot easier.
Features Of Home Automation System
Here are some of the most common features that show why home automation is becoming more and more popular:
- Remote Access: Remote access is a feature that allows you to control certain aspects of your property from anywhere in the world.
- Smart Energy Consumption: Smart energy consumption allows you to monitor how much electricity you use in your house and adjust the settings accordingly. This feature can help save money on your electric bill.
- Interoperability: Interoperability is a feature that allows devices from different manufacturers to communicate with one another so that they can work together seamlessly in smart homes.
- Lighting Control, Automated Window Treatments: With this technology, you can control lights automatically. More advanced systems also power motorized shades for windows.
- Advanced Security: The most popular feature of home automation systems is security. These systems allow you to monitor the security of your space from anywhere in the world via an online account.
Uses Of Home Automation
Here are just a few examples of why home automation is needed on your property:
- Entertainment System: The most common application for many home automation systems is an entertainment system. This allows you to control your television, DVD player, cable box, stereo, etc., from your smart device.
- Security System: Security is also a pretty common benefit of this technology. This allows you to set up your security cameras, alarms, and sensors automatically and keep your loved ones safe.
- Temperature Control: Temperature control is another reason people invest in smart tech for their space. It allows you to control your smart thermostat, air conditioner, etc., from your remote control or smart device.
- Lighting and Energy: Another common benefit of home automation systems is the ability to control your lighting and energy usage. For example, Lutron products allow you to turn off your lights when you are not in or set up a schedule for your light systems.
- Door Locks: Smart tech also allows you to control your front door, and turn off your alarm system via your smartphone.
What Are The Reasons Why Home Automation Becomes So Popular?
Here are some of the common benefits of home automation systems.
Having a smart system makes it easier to control some of the important aspects of your space, including lighting, heating and cooling, security systems, and more.
An average family spends more than 50% of its energy budget on heating and cooling. With the right setup, you can save money on utility bills by using energy-efficient products and appliances on your property.
You don’t have to worry about your property when you are away, because your lights and heating are on. You can control everything remotely, even fire and smoke alarms, making your property safer when you are not in.
Improved security is one of the top home automation system benefits. With the help of smart devices, you can easily monitor activity in your house 24/7 without having to leave it unattended for long periods.
If you’re looking for a smart home automation system that works, you can always find one that fits your budget. That you can choose from a wide variety of options without spending a fortune is one of the advantages of a home automation system today.
Average Cost Of Home Automation
According to a HomeAdvisor report, the average cost of automating your space is about $791. This is a good starting point for those who are looking to install and enjoy the use of home automation in their house.
This amount typically includes the purchase of a smart hub, connected devices, and installation. The cost will vary by manufacturer and model, and the size of the space you want to automate.
If you’re thinking about automation for the home, get a quote from us here at OM Wave. We will assess the features of the home automation system you need and give you a more accurate estimate.
Whether you’re designing a new house, remodeling an existing one, or looking for smart light ideas, smart technology is incredibly useful and convenient, and investing in it will allow you to interact with your space in innovative and exciting ways.