Fabrics for window shades and roller blinds
Natural light has the power to improve your well-being, productivity, and overall happiness at home. Through expertly crafted motorized roller shades, you can achieve the perfect lighting environment at any time of day.
Getting the fabric right is important. Different materials can help you maximize daylight in living rooms, minimize glare in home offices, and achieve total darkness in bedrooms for a better night’s sleep.
Choosing your material offers more than the perfect finishing. Different weaves and coatings can also help protect your floors, paintings, or furniture from harmful UV rays. It can even help regulate indoor temperatures on hot Florida days.
To help you decide which fabric for roller blinds is perfect for your home, we’ll share an overview in this article of the shades of textiles we provide and their key features. After reading, you’ll have a better idea of how to choose your bespoke window treatment re-fit.
What kind of luxurious textiles we do provide
Our range of Lutron roller shades is fully customizable to create a unique aesthetic in your home. You can design your shades to meet your exact needs through our vast range of opacity levels, materials, styles, and colors.
To create the perfect lighting and level of privacy in your home, you can choose your opacity level from our vast range of:
- Sheer – which offers open weaves that help you enjoy your outdoor view, with a degree of privacy and protection from UV rays and harmful glare, creating the perfect ambiance for living rooms, kitchens, and home offices
- Translucent – which includes a tighter-weave style to provide an increased level of privacy, making it the perfect design for bathrooms
- Room darkening – through a range of opaque fabrics, these blackout fabric roller shades can block out the sunlight entirely, offering the perfect sleeping or home-cinema environment. Due to the limited use of material, blackout curtains or shades are usually much cheaper.
Each material is made to suit a unique purpose. Different fabric compositions can impact the strength, durability, and environmental impact of your shades. You can choose between:
- PVC-coated fiberglass – which is strong, lightweight, insulating, and doesn’t stretch over time
- PVC-coated polyester – which is highly durable and can be melted to achieve flawless edges
- 100% polyester – which is made with virtually no volatile organic compounds (VOCs), making them recyclable and more environmentally friendly
- Thermoplastic Olefin – which is tough, durable, and contains almost no harmful chemicals
Our luxurious fabrics for shades are available in weaves and knits to offer a signature style in your home. You can choose between:
- Basketweave – where fabrics are intricately woven on a loom and interlaced with strands of yarn at right angles
- Twill weave – where the weave is elegantly staggered in vertical and horizontal threads to produce a noticeable diagonal pattern
- Jacquard weave – a machine-woven fabric with a criss-cross network of yarns in a sophisticated twist
- Warp-knitted – which is created by interlacing little loops into a series of knots
Each unique fabric has a collection of hand-picked colors to choose from. Some designs are available in more custom colors than others, ranging from 4 variations in some fabrics to 44 in others. Each color can be tailored down to a percentage to perfectly match your home’s interior.
Key features of our roller shade fabrics
Through these technologies, you can enjoy maximum control of your blinds. When waking in the morning, a collection of roller shades provided by Lutron can offer a fully synchronized sunrise, creating a satisfying and aesthetically pleasing morning.
Depending on the material you choose, some other key features you can enjoy from your roller blind fabric include:
- Full light and privacy control – through our vast collection of sheer, translucent, and room-darkening fabrics
- Antimicrobial protection – which continuously protects your window treatments from bacteria, mold, and mildew growth
- Energy-efficiency – by regulating temperatures and preventing the need for air-conditioning use in some rooms
- Durability and reliability – with high-quality coatings and materials to ensure your blinds are safe, strong, and dependable
Choose custom materials and unlock your signature style
Choosing the right roller shades material is important. Each material has the potential to create an utterly different style and experience.
Because our range of fabrics is so bespoke, you’ll have a choice of 5 collections, 50+ fabrics, and over 600+ colors to help you unlock your signature style.
Our roller shades can be perfectly designed to match your functional needs and aesthetic desires. Our color schemes are so bespoke, that you can match your shades perfectly to your home interior by choosing from a selection of percentage tweaks.
We can help you find your perfect shade of fabric
As experts in home automated lighting control and motorized sun shades, we know how important natural light is in your home. It can help boost your health, productivity, and a general sense of well-being. With the right sunshades, you can harness the therapeutic power of the sun and feel your best at home, every day.
If you want to discover the ultimate convenience, functionality, and luxury of motorized sun shades from OM Wave, our dedicated team of experts is happy to help find your perfect fabric for roller shades on your behalf.
Learn more about how to automate my home or simply get in touch to book a consultation with our friendly team. We can make the design process easy, simple, and exactly what you need. If you already have some window covering read our article about how to motorize your existing window covering.